more complicated when I realized that there were some weed trees that had to be dug out. There were frequent water/iced-tea breaks. I also brought some volunteer cone flowers from my back yard and planted them in bare spots. Of course, there were more raspberry seedlings to dig out and put in the pile by Rayna’s plot. I also found a few praying mantis cocoons.
clearly needed to be mowed again. Then, Frank and Barb arrived. Our calvary. They installed our front gate. The kids told me last week that they thought we had closed the Garden forever because we had removed the gates last Fall. I explained that we remove the gates every year to preserve them.
A lady stopped by and asked me for fresh produce. I told her that we did not have any because we just opened for the season last Saturday. She insisted that someone told her that I could give her fresh produce. I again explained that our produce was nothing but seeds at this point because we had just started to plant. She didn't seem to understand. Barb thought it would give all new meaning to Miracle-Gro if we had fresh produce after only one week.
There's still much left to do. The front flower beds still need to be edged and the north flower bed still needs to be weeded. The food pantry plots also need to be weeded. We'll be picking up soil donations this week, which means that we'll be ready to start planting in the kids, neighbor and food pantry plots next weekend. . . . .