Wednesday, May 9, 2012

SACG's Fourth Growing Season Brings New Sign and Logo

We are blessed at the Stoddart Avenue Community Garden in many, many ways. For the past three years, we have benefitted from a beautiful sign painted by a former neighborhood gardener, Dwayne Penny. We have loved his folksy sign, which reminds me of an antique cross-stitch design one might see on a home-made quilt. From time to time over the years, a car would stop just to take a picture of our sign. One photographer told me that she was from New York City and was taking the pictures for a college class project back East. I have convinced myself that pictures of Dwayne’s sign are hanging in some New York Gallery. However, the weather has not been kind to our beautiful sign and the paint was beginning to peel. We had hoped that Dwayne would be able to repair the sign by touching up the paint. Unfortunately, Dwayne has moved back to the East Coast where he has family and a better job as a brick mason.

What to do. What to do.

We have another extremely talented artist whose wife gardens with us. John often joins us on strawberry picking expeditions, came last year to help us clean up the Garden and came this March to set it out. No good deed should go unpunished. When I realized that Dwayne would be unable to repair our sign, I impulsively asked John if he would do so. After all, John had painted the gigantic mural now hanging in COTA’s paratransit facility. He’s a well-known professional. How difficult could it be to repair our simple and small sign?

On Saturday, while Tom and I were building raised garden beds, John and Mari dropped by with our new sign. Ta Da! John created a brand new sign and logo for us that still has elements of our old sign.  It is as bold and playful as our former sign was quaint and sweet. Not only is it stunning, but it is also computerized. This means that we can create t-shirts and bandanas and reusable grocery/tote bags with it. Ahhhh. The possibilities. That’s what happens when you ask a professional graphic artist for a favor.

I hope that you will as excited about our new sign as Rayna and I are. With any luck, Frank and Barb will be able to hang it over the SACG front gate within the week. (Then, I will try to get a picture of John next to our kick-butt sign).   Let the photographers come:)

Thanks John! 

5 comments:

  1. i am here to give my testimony about a doctor who save my life. i was infected with HERPES for than 2 years, I tried different doctors over a period of time but no one work, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR USELU  how he was able to cure someone from HERPES virus with the help of herbal medicine I contacted him and he promised to cure my herpes virus.well i decided to give him a try, DR USELU put his best in it and gave me good and effective result just as he has promised. well after taking all the treatment sent to me by Dr USELU i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HERPES Negative. You can contact him if you have any kind of sickness like, HERPES, HIV, CANCER, PILE, HEPATITIS, DIABETES, and alot more you can contact him ON Whatsapp (+2347052898482) or Email dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friends online My name is Destiny Hudson And I live in the USA, Dominica I am here today to appreciate the good work of Dr Oyagu, for helping me curing my HSV 1&2 Disease, I contacted the virus from my Partner, i found out he was cheating on me, so i broke up with him, 2 month later i went to test myself in the hospital when i was seeing sore on my mouth and Private areas, i was diagnosed of HSV 1&2. i tried using the acyclovir medicine but it didn't help in curing it, i went on a search and found out Dr Oyagu curing people illness, and so i got his email and i was told how i can get his herbal cure, 3 days later i received his medicine after using it for 2 weeks i was tested again and was confirm negative, today i am totally free. If you are over there looking for solution email: oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or contact him on whatsapp +2348101755322 or visit his website https://oyaguspellcaster.wixsite.com/oyaguherbalhome today and share your own testimony. And He also has herbal cure for the Following DISEASES, eczema, urethra wart, chronic problems. Herpes, Cancer, Als, Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV ,Infections, ulcer ETC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never in my wildest Imagination would i ever thought i will ever be cured of Herpes Simplex Virus 1&2 Not Until I MIRACULOUSLY came Across Doctor Razor a powerful herbalist, who i learnt Cured Numerous individuals Herpes Simplex Virus, So I contacted him based on the testimonies i read concerning his herbal works on the internet and also i Visited his website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome , When i treacheched out to him and told him my worries , he promised to help me get rid of this virus, I am so happy I was cured by Herbalist RAZOR natural medicine. Contact Doctor RAZOR Through his email ; drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , Whatsapp him via +2349065420442 and he can cure types of diseases like HEPATITIS
    ,DIABETES,CANCER,HPV,LOW SPERM COUNT, HIV/AIDS, FIBROSIS, LOSS OF WEIGHT .. all thank to you Doctor Razor for your kindly help in my life
    Whatsapp him on +2349065420442. You are Indeed GOD SENT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have time beating around the bush, instead I go straight to the point.... So to you doubters I ain't expecting you all to believe my testimony but only the few chosen ones by God. In a short summary, I'm here to tell the whole world that I recently got cured from my long term herpes disease, both the HSV1 and HSV2 through the assistance of Herbalist doctor Oyagu I pray God continually blesses Dr Oyagu in all he does, because he is indeed a very good, nice and powerful doctor. I’m cured of herpes disease at last! Wow I'm so much in great joy because I've never in my life believed herbs works, but meeting doctor Oyagu was an eye opener and he made me believe that herpes truly got a complete cure. I used the doctor's herbal medicine for just two weeks and I was totally cured from both my HSV1 and HSV2. I'm so excited. For help and assistance in getting rid of your herpes virus you can Call/WhatsApp doctor Oyagu on his telephone number: +2348101755322 or for more inquiries you can as well contact the doctor on EMAIL: oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus in 2019 and I have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try , when i contact this herbalist and he prepared a HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via FEDEX delivery company service, when i received this herbal cure, he gave me step by directions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was totally cured of this horrible disease within 14days of usage, i went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. I can tell the public now that I am now free from the horrible disease called herpes, all thanks to Dr.OLIHA that is why I want to leave his email address and What's app contact just if you want to contact him for help. you reach this great herbal doctor via his call or WhatsApp on +2349038382931 email on (oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com) website on: https://olihamiraclemedicine.webs.com/ ....

    ReplyDelete