Saturday, November 10, 2018

Closing Postponed

It's too cold for man or beast.  Last year was pretty brutal, but this morning we woke up to wind chills in the single digits.  While I was prepared to proceed, my first cancellation came in at 6:30 a.m.  I don't really want to be out there this morning by myself cleaning out flower beds, so I made a few calls and woke a few people up and we are going to put the Stoddart Avenue Community Garden to bed tomorrow (Sunday), November 11 at 2 p.m.  


We will be:

·         Emptying the rest of the big tank

·         Cleaning out the flower beds

·         Taking down the sign

·         Raking out plots

·         Removing the umbrella stand

·         Tidying up the shed

·         Unhooking/unlocking the hydrants

·         Final food pantry harvest (turnips, greens, radishes, herbs)

·         Covering the fence wood with a tarp



It will still be cold tomorrow, but not as cold as this morning with all of the wind.  We will be finished long before sundown.  It's been my experience that we work faster when it's cold;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment