- Spreading wood chips donated by the Tree King Services and Davey Tree along the paths, fence rows and between the Garden and alley. If you have them, please bring a garden rake, shovel, work gloves and wheelbarrow.
- Transplanting raspberry bushes;
- Thinning our strawberry patch;
- Tilling the garden soil. We have our beautiful tiller donated in 2010 by The Cougar Group, but Gardener Fred has his own tiller and we may have a till-off between Charlie and Fred (or any other macho guy who wants to operate large power tools).
- Weeding the front flower bed;
- Cutting turf and laying landscaping stones generously donated by GreenScapes Landscaping Company to protect the front flower bed from the ever-encroaching lawn;
- Laying landscaping stones donated by GreenScapes in pretty designs and to line the Garden paths;
- Flipping the compost bins;
- Picking up litter;
- Putting up the gates;
- Transplanting volunteer flowers (mostly daisies and bachelor buttons);
- Harvesting what is left of the crops we planted last Fall. (I saw spinach, carrots, leeks, colored greens, cilantro, etc.)
- Assigning plots;
- Miscellaneous clean-up.
While scattered showers are predicted (as it always is), we are keeping our fingers crossed and saying a prayer that it holds off until late afternoon like it has the past three years. However, stay tuned to this site. If it is raining hard, we will re-convene on Saturday, April 14, 2012. Same time and same place.
This is our most important day of the year.
Be there or be square. Many hands make light work.